Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Let's travel!

On our 2nd day and 3rd day (2nd and 3rd March), we were 'thrown' into a deserted place close to jungle, it was difficult for me as I was raised in the 'concrete jungle' and had never experienced nature in that way before.

We had: team building sessions, both indoor and outdoors. It was intellectually stimulating and motivating, although initially, I thought it would be boring listening to motivational speakers in a small hall located near the jungle and Sg. Congkak.

The outdoor activities was tiring, fun and exciting. There was this adrenaline to beat the other groups, so I did my best to obtain points for my group, Red Stars. There were many activities, each have their own meaning and purpose.

  • Filling up the drum with river water, 3 buckets provided. Not easy, mind you. The drum is filled with huge holes! The idea here was to insert your team members' fingers into the holes while filling up the drum. Its all team work. 15 minutes of planning before doing this exercise would save a lot of time, and energy, which may be the only way to complete this task. We rushed into it and could not complete this task (we did fill it up 70% though)
  • Finding 7 different objects. 7 different types of leaves, 7 different types of ants, 7 different 10 cent coins with different years, 7 layers of sand, 7 different shoes, 7 different rocks with different shapes. It was tough but we divided the job and we got it done within the time limit! Its all about multi-tasking people!
  • Mission impossible: crawling under ropes which we cant touch (similar to lasers in security vaults). It drove us into our competitive mode to succeed and have the best time among other groups. You will work as hard as your team members :)
  • Last but not the least, the I.Q challenge. Picking up cups of water using rubber-bands and ropes from afar, then directing your friend (blindfolded) to place the cup into the goal area. Again, strategic planning comes first. Rush into it and all we get was 'wetting the floor'.
The next day, we had more team-building sessions, fulfilling customer's order by making them a paper airplane (well, you didnt expect us to build a real airplane for them with our puny (or almost none) knowledge in aerospace engineering?) 


At the end of the day, we were exhausted. Most of us slept soundly in the bus. It was a great experience but it made me miss my home and my city-life even more :(
I think i will appreciate my present life more and i will learn to value the things I have in my life and be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment